- Gramercy Arts High School awards grades six times per-year.
- Grades are awarded during each term (Fall and Spring) as follows, Marking Period 1, Marking Period 2, Marking Period 3 and then the average of the three marking periods will be computed for the Final Average of the Term. The Final Average is what is placed on students’ transcripts.
- All courses are graded on a scale of 0-100.
- A grade of 65 or higher is a passing grade.
- Students have up to 20 days after the end of a Marking Period to completed missed or late work.
- Department Grading Policy (see attached)
- Earn at least a 70 average in the second term of the course, or summer school term of the course, within the same school year.
- Guidance Counselors meet with students two times per year to discuss the annualization eligibility requirements and to inform students of this grade change procedure as part of “Transcript Party” presentations and “360” presentations. Eligible students grade changes are submitted in STARS by July 1st after the Spring Term and September 30th after Summer School.
- First Term marks are changed to 65 average via transcript updates at the assigned time.
Eg. One student earned 55 in EES81 (English 9) during term 1 but earned 75 in EES82 (English 9) during term 2. The Term 1 grade would be changed to 65 average as per the policy.
- Annualization policy only applies to courses taken within the same school year, including summer school. Semesters taken during different school years cannot be annualized.
Non-eligible courses for 2017-2018 School year- Phys Ed, Geometry Year 2, Participation in Government, and Economics.
English/ENL/LOTE Department Policy
Math Department Policy
|Tests, Quizzes, Projects||55%|
Science Department Policy
|Exam and Quizzes||30%|
Social Studies Department Policy
Performing Arts Department Policy
|Class work and Participation||30%|
Visual and Fine Arts Department Policy
Physical Education Department Policy
|Preparation & Participation||40%|
|Conduct & Behavior||25%|
|NYC FITNESSGRAM Exams||10%|